This week, once again, found me in a Fried Potatoes and Onions mood, but I decided I really needed to do something to make it a more well rounded meal. As I got the potatoes to cooking, I pondered what else I could toss in with them. The following is what I came up with. No, the ingredients are not in exact measurements. Every ingredient in this recipe is easily varied according to the individual taste bud. There are no right and wrong amounts of any one ingredient. So have fun with it and enjoy... it is REALLY GOOD!
Fried Potatoes & Onions with a Twist
- 1 small to medium onion (variety is your choice, I used a strong yellow one)
- a few potatoes (I used 4 russets, but I especially like to use red for frying)
- about a quart of fresh, cleaned lambsquarters (can also use fresh or frozen spinach or other greens, such as turnip or mustard)
- fresh farm eggs (I used 4, a ratio of about 1 per potato)
- salt to taste (and pepper if you wish)
- cooking oil (I used peanut oil)